Is there something you feel would add to the forum? If so, login and make your suggestion in the Board Discussion forum.

Author Topic: French? porcelain trinket box - ID = Camille Le Tallec, Paris, France  (Read 10677 times)

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
This looks to be a French (due to the French writing on the base) porcelain trinket box with lovely enamel decoration, but I have been unable to pin down the maker etc

I am wondering if this was a French blank, possibly decorated in Germany, as the gilded mark on the base I have seen previously on German (Dresden area / factories) pieces.

I would be grateful for any help in pinning this down to a maker and country of origin and rough age of the box.

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
Re: French? porcelain trinket box for ID
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
I have done some digging this morning and have found the maker Camille Le Tallec, Paris, France, who made items for Tiffany & Co and turns out Tiffany & Co bought Le Tallec in 1992.

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: French? porcelain trinket box for ID
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
I was just coming to reply and see you've found it already. :) Here is more about Le Tallec marks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Tallec%27s_marks... useful to have as a link on the board for future reference.
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline user9318

• Board Regular
Re: French? porcelain trinket box - ID = Camille Le Tallec, Paris, France
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:43:17 AM »
That's why I replied, so it could stay on the board for future reference.

I saw the wiki page of the marks, it was very useful.

Thanks for looking though Anne.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk