If you have problems with your password & need help, use the Contact button at the top to ask for help.

Author Topic: Mystery mark on divided dish  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Mystery mark on divided dish
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:41:49 AM »
I'm posting this for Thomas Joyce of the Inchicore glass website here:
http://www.inchicore-pressedglass-museum.org/ who has, like me, a three-part divided glass dish with an impressed Registered Design number on it. The no. is 741069 which is not shown in the listings for numbers registered for glass designs.

Thomas has contacted the National Archives who have sent him a copy of the  register entry and of the photo of the piece itself... which is pottery!

The registrant was Edwin Kelley, of  41 Chudleigh Road, London SE4 - so we're trying to find out more about who Kelley was and what firm he represented, if any. The design was registered in 1928 in Class 4.

The pottery piece has a mark on the underside which we don't recognise - so we're asking for your eyes to look at it and see if you can figure out who the mark was for please.

I'll attach pics of both the glass and pottery versions so you can see what we're talking about.

Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Offline Anne

• tekniqual wizzerd
  • Board Admin
  • Board Super-hero
  • "La Grande Fromage" "caise gla mhor"
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Re: Mystery mark on divided dish
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
See the associated glass query about this piece on the Glass Message Board here:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34532.0.html
Cheers!
 Anne

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk