Many posts have images attached but you need to be a registered user to see them.

Author Topic: Fen Pottery Handmade Frog Cup  (Read 3857 times)

Offline alfies dad

• Board Member
Fen Pottery Handmade Frog Cup
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
my pottery marks book only states not much is known about this company so just wondered if anyone on the board could add any info.
Many thanks Robert.

Offline antiquerose123

• Board Super-hero
  • Say "YES" to Antiques........LOL
Re: Fen Pottery Handmade Frog Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »
Hi there:
What are the letter about the word *handmade*.  Always good to post with your post anything that you *think* you can make out, in your first post....just give as much info that you think you see, or what it looks like, in case the picture is a little blurry

To me -- Does it say SEZ , SEN ... can you get a closer pic, zoom ...or use the magnifiying glass with the camera.  I posted a techie tip here:
http://www.yobunny.com/pottery/index.php?topic=11080.0

The first letter does not look like the letter *F* to me, if you are calling in FEN.

If you can get a closer shot, or use a little magnifier, or crop the mark more that may here. 

Thanks  ;)
Every flower that has ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of DIRT FIRST......:flowers2:      
antiquerose123 (Rose) :rse:  

Offline alfies dad

• Board Member
Re: Fen Pottery Handmade Frog Cup
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
Hi rose i will add pic from the page out of the book
Encyclopedia of British pottery & porcellain marks by Geoffrey A. Godden, F.R.S.A
states This mark has been seen on pottery of the 1930-50 period,
Further information would be welcomed. however this book dates to 1975 so quite old itself, but sure it is F.E.N

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk